Printable Score Cards
Slaughter Sets (Premium)
Feeder Sets (Beta)
Flash Cards (Beta)
Tulsa Commercial Grading School
773 Long Meadow
Spring Branch, TX 78070
Texas livestock Quiz Practice
1) The Pork Promotion, Research and Consumer Information Act of 1985 established an assessment of ____ per $100 value of pork sold in the United States
2) A nutritional problem characterized by a swollen abdomen on the left side, labored breathing, profuse salivation, groaning, lack of appetite, and stiffness.
3) Beef cattle or sheep born without horns are commonly referred to as:
4) A market where cattle are sold by public bidding, with the animals going to the highest bidder is known as a(n):
5) Which information is NOT typically required for the registration of individual hogs?
Name of sire
Number of teats
6) Which breed of sheep has the strongest flocking instinct?
7) According to USDA, the greatest expense in the production of livestock is:
contract and hired labor
fuel and electricity
8) Which production trait in swine is not increased when crossing with a purebred sow?
Days to 250 pounds
Litter size weaned
9) Which disease affects the turbinate bones in swine?
10) The feed component containing the most easily digested carbohydrates is the:
nitrogen free extract
11) Disease caused by an organism that mainly affects the lungs.
12) The first milk produced by a cow after giving birth is known as:
13) Which state has greatest beef production?
14) The breed of sheep noted for producing a 200 to 250 percent lamb crop:
15) Which breed of white colored swine originated in Pennsylvania?
16) Sheep are a major enterprise in the _________ area of the United States.
17) Pinkeye is a disease in cattle that is carried by _____________.
18) Milk fever is a nutritional disease affecting both sheep and goats during lactation due to a lack of _______ in the blood.
19) Feed additives used to prevent disease and promote growth are:
20) The gestation time for cattle is:
21) Which agency regulates the use of feed additives in the United States?
Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
Animal Health and Production Divison (AHPD)
United States Department of Agriculture(USDA)
Federal Register (FR)
22) The weight of a hot beef carcass compared to the live weight of the animal is referred to as:
23) __________________ is the practice of feeding a ration for ten days to two weeks before breeding.
24) The major objection of boar meat is the odor of the meat called boar taintOne compound causing boar taint is:
25) Newborn animals receive immunity to diseases by drinking: