Printable Score Cards
Slaughter Sets (Premium)
Feeder Sets (Beta)
Flash Cards (Beta)
Tulsa Commercial Grading School
773 Long Meadow
Spring Branch, TX 78070
Texas livestock Quiz Practice
1) Which breed of white colored swine originated in Pennsylvania?
2) The process of preparing calves for the stress of being moved into the feedlot is called:
3) The record of the ancestors of a particular animal is recorded in its:
4) Rations formulated to keep an animal at its current weight and size is a _________ ration.
5) Nutrients, which an animal can synthesize for growth and maintenance, are in a category called:
6) What is an infertile female calf born as a twin to a fertile male calf called?
7) Which of the following medium wool breeds of sheep are solid white in color?
8) The length of the estrous cycle for a ewe is:
9) The natural waviness of wool fiber is called:
10) The feed component containing the most easily digested carbohydrates is the:
nitrogen free extract
11) The breed of swine which is white in color with erect ears and used extensively in commercial operations for the maternal characteristics is the:
12) Which of the following traits is considered undesirable when judging market lambs?
13) In swine, a male that has been castrated before reaching sexual maturity is called a:
14) Which trait in beef cattle has the highest heritability estimate?
Rib eye area
15) Disease caused by an organism that mainly affects the lungs.
16) Which species of livestock has a diploid number of 27 (pairs of chromosomes)?
17) The weight of a hot beef carcass compared to the live weight of the animal is referred to as:
18) The largest compartment of the ruminant stomach for a mature grazing cow is called the:
19) An objectionable inherited defect in swine known as a whorl is actually a(n) :
20) Which state has greatest beef production?
21) Which of the following feeds is highest in total digestible nutrients (TDN)?
22) Administering an medicinal agent to livestock that requires placement directly into a vein is called:
23) The most prevalent breed of sheep in the world is the:
24) Animals that through selection and breeding have come to resemble one another and pass those traits uniformly to their offspring are defined as:
25) A method of animal identification that is a puncture in the skin of numbers or letters is known as: