Provide the opportunity to learn and apply livestock industry and production priorities through evaluation and selection of livestock animals.
Students in grades 7-12, active in any FFA chapter, are eligible to compete in this event.
Prizes will be awarded to the highest placing individuals and teams. Prizes will be created and awarded from the Montana FFA Association
The event will be divided into Jr. and Sr. divisions.
o Junior division will be made of students in grades 7, 8, 9.
o Senior division will be made of students in grades 10, 11, 12.
• The event will be hosted at www.livestockjudging.com
• Contest will consist of 10 classes. Classes will consist of beef, sheep, swine, and goats.
o There will be 4 classes with questions. There will be no reasons and no written test.
• Four classes will have questions related to them. Please encourage your students to
take notes to accurately answer the questions.
• The contest will open Monday, November 9th at 8:00 AM and close
Wednesday, November 11th at 4:00PM
• Teachers will be emailed the week prior to the event with an access code for their students.
• Students will create a free user account.
#1 · Market Swine
#2 · Breeding Gilts
#3 · Breeding Heifers
#4 · Market Steers
#5 · Bulls
#6 · Market Lambs
#7 · Rams
#8 · Breeding Does
#9 · Market Goats
#10 · Breeding Heifers
Restricted Entry A code is required to enter this contest. Please ask the person administering the contest for the code.
Contest opens 11/9/2020 8:00:00 AM.